Monday, July 4, 2011

Time to hit the big red button

Half a year ago I split my blog into two parts, a gaming blog and a 'everything else including the kitchen sink' blog.  I am relatively pleased with the transition because I feel like I can write hardcore gamer posts on the other blog and not cause the eyes of my family and other non gamer readers to glaze over while they slowly gasp for air and slide off their chairs.  On the other hand I think that I have been missing out on what a really great blog can be by limiting myself to 3 big essay type posts a week here.  Primarily by reading a bunch of posts at Whatever and Penelope Trunk I noticed that really successful bloggers are a lot more freeform than I have been.  I enjoy writing my essays but I feel like if I want to crank it up a notch I need to post more and I need to limit myself less; sometimes a particular topic really only deserves a few lines and a picture.  As such I am going to hit the giant red button right now and put Brightcape into overdrive.


What this means is that you can expect a lot more posts from me.  I will still be doing my normal essay type posts but I intend on mixing in lots more interesting links, short anecdotes and pictures.  I intend on writing with much more passion, verve and moxie too but you know what they say about good intentions.

This new, improved posting schedule will not necessarily take effect right away.  I am going on vacation for a week to visit Hobo in the not-so-far East and I honestly have no idea how often I will be able to post while there.  I will blast out a few things before I go and get back on track mid next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment