Thursday, September 22, 2011

My parents are sociopaths, apparently

I picked up Elli from daycare tonight and had a strange experience.  Her friend got my name (Sky) confused and Elli had to correct her; it turns out that Sky and Scott sound remarkably alike and the majority of people who hear my name for the first time assume they heard Scott instead.  Elli knows that many people get my name wrong in exactly that way so she asked

"Did Nana and Poppa give you the name Sky to try to confuse people?"

I contained my laughter and told her that they probably I got my name because they liked the name Sky and not because it would confuse others.  There you have it, my kid is suspicious that my parents are sociopaths based on the name they gave me.  I guess I should be offended?

2 comments:

  1. Um, yah. That's it. We chose your name to confuse people. Usually people ask what we were smoking when we picked your name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pretty good idea what you were smoking but I don't believe it had anything to do with the name choice. ;)

    ReplyDelete