Tuesday, January 2, 2018

The straw

Visiting Thunder Bay was a good thing, but it had one significant downside:  Disease.  I contracted something awful while there and it made the plane ride home on the 30th crappy, particularly as I had to cart both the cat and the big suitcase from the airport home.

The next few days are a blur of coughing, wiping my nose, standing around like an idiot trying to find the strength to do a simple task while simultaneously not being sure which task I should even do, and not being able to tell the difference between asleep and awake.

But the real final straw was hiccups.

I mean, this illness has had me spewing from everywhere, cramped with nausea, pain all over, and all of that is crap and all... but hiccups too?

Over and over again, for days.

That was the thing that really downed my mood.  Brutal winter illnesses are *not* supposed to cause hiccups.  That is in the fucking contract, I am pretty sure.  I haven't read the fine print in awhile but it has to be in there somewhere.

Also it turns out that regular cold medicine, taken in normal doses, can put me into a wild mental state that is some combination of hallucinating, daydreaming, and sleep.  For four hours!  It was not at all fun.  It did stop the runny nose though, I will give it that.

No comments:

Post a Comment